Sunday, January 20, 2013

Recipe: Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (GFCF)

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (GFCF)

My son follows a gluten free, casein free diet as part of managing his symptoms of autistic spectrum.  I always like to try new recipes so he has treats and snacks that he can enjoy and let him feel "part of the group."  I have tried several flourless peanut butter cookie recipes, but I felt like they had quite a lot of sugar in them. 

The following recipe is my adaptation: less sugar, less sweet cookie

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 scoops protein powder (I use either Garden of Life protein powder which is free of gluten, or a peanut butter powder like PB2--see blog post on 12/26/12)
2 cups peanut butter
2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
chocolate chips as desired




Bake at 350 for 10 minutes; makes about 2- 2 1/2 sheets of cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment