Thursday, January 24, 2013

Music: Sara Groves




Sara Groves is an Christian vocal artist I have loved for quite a while.  I would describe her as having a simple and gentle style.  Her lyrics are so pure and thoughtful.  She has a song on her Station Wagon album called "Prayers for this Child."  It is a beautiful lyrical song about how she asks God for wisdom about how to pray for her child.  Lyrics Link "Prayers for this Child"

I was praying for a friend yesterday who was going through a very difficult transition.  She has experienced much loss this year and isn't sure what comes next.  While I was praying, I heard this Sara Groves song played.  I had never heard it before, but it was just the right song for my friend.

From This One Place song link

Lyrics:

I was about to give up and that's no lie
cardinal landed outside my window
threw his head back and sang a song
so beautiful it made me cry
took me back to a childhood tree
full of birds and dreams
from this one place I can't see very far
in this one moment I'm square in the dark
these are the things I will trust in my heart
you can see something else
something else
I don't know what's making me so afraid
tiny cloud over my head
heavy and grey with a hint of dread
I don't like to feel this way
take me back to a window seat
with clouds beneath my feet

Maybe this is the right song for you today too...

No comments:

Post a Comment