Friday, March 15, 2013

Detoxification Bath: The Why and How To

I have been trying to focus on wellness in several areas of my life.  I have been exercising more and eating healthy.  As part of that focus, I have also been trying to take care that my body doesn't get run down, that it has the opportunity to restore and replenish. 



As part of that focus, I tried this Detoxification Bath last week.  I was glad to have directions because I have taken Epson salt baths before, but now realize I didn't stay in long enough or put enough salts in.  This article also gives instructions of other ingredients and what to do after the bath (e.g., like drink lots of water). 

After I took the bath, I really saw the impact on my physical function.  For the next day I was tired and didn't feel well.  I tried to drink lots of water, but could tell I felt a bit worse at first.  After that I felt like I had good energy.  The most amazing thing to me is that the eczema on my hand completely cleared up.  It has been pretty bad for about 5 years and sometimes I use a steroid cream because the skin splits and bleeds.  I wear gloves when I do dishes or take a shower.  But during the bath, I just let my hand stay in the water for the 40 minutes.  I was worried it would get worse, but it actually looks great. 

How do you detox?

No comments:

Post a Comment