Thursday, March 14, 2013

Daily Burn: Myofascial Release

I have really been looking for ways to add more fat burning and cardio to my workout routine, which has consisted primarily of flexibility and strength training for a while now.  I have recently joined DailyBurn.com and am really enjoying it.  This is a website that streams exercise videos of many different types (e.g., dance workouts, cardio sculpt, yoga, kick boxing, 15 min workouts) to your computer, streaming device, or tablet.  They charge you $10 a month and have other resources like a store for nutrition products and an online community with health articles etc.

One of the things I LOVE about the site, are the segments (about 20-30 min each; there are 3 total) on myofascial release.  


I have never seen segments like this before.  They are to help release those deep muscle knots that hurt, cause injury, and create overall havoc in your posture and well-being.  She uses a foam roll and a ball (either tennis ball which is softer or a lacrosse ball which is more dense).  There is an upper body segment, lower body segment, and full body segment.  This has helped me SO much as far as having the stamina and comfort level to actually keep up with my other workouts without feeling like I've been run over by a truck the next day!

What do you do to stay healthy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment