For those seeking a gluten free, dairy free pick me up, consider a hemp milk smoothie. Hemp milk is an alternative to cow's milk made from hemp seeds.
One 8-Ounce glass generally contains the following nutrients:
900 mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids, 2800 mg Omega-6 Fatty Acids, All 10 Essential Amino Acids, 4 Grams of Digestible Protein, over 40% of RDA of Calcium, Vitamin D, and many other nutrients.
For some additional nutrients, I add some raw protein from Garden of Life.
The powder contains the following:
- Provides RAW organic sprouted protein and live probiotics and enzymes
- Complete source of protein with all essential amino acids – 18 grams & 35% Daily Value
- Contains Vitamin Code RAW Food-Created Nutrients A, D, E and K with their unique Code Factors intact, enabling natural recognition by your body
- USDA Certified Organic
- Vegan – so it is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets
- Increases the protein content of meals – just add to food or beverages
- Good for those on low carbohydrate diets
- Alternative to soy and animal protein powders
- Good for those with gastrointestinal sensitivities to milk, whey, soy and other protein sources
- Easily digested – supports digestive health and function with live probiotics and protein-digesting enzymes
- Mixes well – great in shakes, smoothies and other beverages
My basic recipe is:
1 cup hemp milk
1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
1 heaping teaspoon protein powder
frozen organic fruit
drizzle honey or agave nectar as desired
mix in blender--and enjoy!