Sunday, May 5, 2013

My "In Season" Song Playlist: Hearing the "Now Word" of God

I am learning to try to be sensitive to the things that God is speaking to me in certain seasons.  Have you ever felt God is taking you on a journey during a certain season---a journey about grace, or peace, or forgiveness? 

With the journey in mind, I keep a spiritual journal, a written map of what I hear God saying across time.  As I re-read the map, I see the connection of dots, the consistent themes, the "now word" ("rhema word") for me and my family. 

In addition to a journal, I have recently compiled a playlist--this is a compilation of songs God has been using to speak to me recently.  I call the playlist "In Season." These are the melodies, scriptures, words, meditations placed on my heart this season with God.  

The Bible uses the term "rhema" for words from God that are for a particular season or a particular person.  They are "now words" for you to meditate on and treasure as part of your journey with a personal God.  

Examples of scriptures using "word" as translated from "rhema" are below--

Matthew 4:4

Amplified Bible (AMP)
But He replied, It has been written, Man shall not live and be upheld and sustained by bread alone, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.
John 6:63
New Living Translation (NLT)
63 The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.


Here are some of the songs on my "in season" playlist now:

Desert Song by Hillsong United
Nothing is Wasted by Jason Gray
From This One Place by Sara Groves


What songs resonate with you this season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment