Friday, January 4, 2013

The Pursuing God




These last weeks, I have been meditating on the Pursuing God--That aspect of God that sees us, desires us, and pursues us.  That is what Christmas was about...God pursuing us, even by sending His Son to be with us on earth.  These are other verses about God's blessings, beauty, love, goodness, and faithfulness overtaking us--for where can we run from his love. One verse is from Deuteronomy and one from the Psalms.  I have included two translations for each.  


Deuteronomy 28:2

American Standard Version (ASV)
and all these blessings shall come upon thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of Jehovah thy God.


Deuteronomy 28:2

Common English Bible (CEB)
All these blessings will come upon you and find you if you obey the Lord your God’s voice:




Psalm 23:6

The Message (MSG)
Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life.



Psalm 23:6

Common English Bible (CEB)
Yes, goodness and faithful love
    will pursue me all the days of my life,
    and I will live in the Lord’s house
    as long as I live.



No comments:

Post a Comment