Sunday, December 30, 2012

Natural Bathroom Cleaner




I have been trying to clean with more natural products.  The following recipe is a combination of a few I have tried over the last few years.  This one I really like and use all the time.  It is great for bathrooms, especially for tub and tile work.  Just layer it on, let it stand a few hours, come back and wipe off then rinse.  I also use it for the sink and toilet, and it works great. 


1 2/3 cup baking soda

1/2 cup dish soap (I use a natural dish soap from our grocery store)
1/2 cup water
10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil
2 tablespoons vinegar right before using


The essential oil gives it a great smell.  I have different scents to choose from depending on what I feel like that day.  I think lavender works great, and so does orange or eucalyptus.  I don't have a favorite brand of oils, I just buy what is available.  I have found them at our local grocery store in the natural products section (like shampoo, soap, etc) or on Amazon.com.

What do you like to clean with?

No comments:

Post a Comment