Saturday, December 29, 2012

Flourless Pumpkin Muffins


I wish I was a better food photographer, but maybe I will get better as I go along!

These muffins are a recipe I developed after trying a few different recipes and adjusting them.  They are flourless and high in protein.  They are gluten free, casein free, and soy free.  

2 cups almond meal (not almond flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree
4 tablespoons agave nectar (or other sweetener)
6 eggs
4 large tablespoons of protein powder (I use Raw Protein by Garden of Life--see post on 12/26/12)
mini chocolate chips as desired (I use Enjoy Life brand to fit with GFCF diet)


350 degrees
25 min
makes 12 large muffins


**Notes:
The recipe is a little heavy on the spices.  You can adjust them to fit your own tastes.  
Add protein powder until desired consistency, adjusting as needed.
The consistency is like a corn meal muffin because of the almond meal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment