Friday, November 8, 2013

Whispers: Jeremiah 29:13


Excerpt from Soul Cries devotional 
copyright Regan 2012
*2013 National Indie Excellence Award Finalist*

Jeremiah 29:13 (New International Version)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

When I want to speak to someone who is quite a distance across the room or down the street, I shout loudly! But when I want to speak intimately with someone, I whisper. When I’m in a knowing relationship with someone, I want to talk up close and speak about dear things. Whispering is the sound of intimacy. Sometimes I feel that the more God wants closeness with me, the more He whispers. I must come close to hear His intimate thoughts. There is no shouting because God wants no distance. We have a God who wants to be found and known, not from a distance, but close up. He wants me close so that He can speak in whispers and share His heart with me.

We seek you, God, with all our hearts. We lay at your feet. We seek to fully know and experience all of you—all of your facets and attributes. We want to know your provision, healing, safety, breakthrough, courage, peace, anointing, rest, knowledge, wisdom, blessing, and favor. We seek you. We pray that ALL of you will cover all of us!

1. Do you believe and understand the depth of God’s desire to be near you? Pray that God will reveal to you how much He desires and loves you.

2. How can you seek God and come closer so you can hear His whispers? In what practical ways can you foster a more intimate, connected, and knowing relationship with the Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment