Sunday, September 1, 2013

Psalm 119: A Lamp and a Light

Excerpt from Soul Cries devotional 
copyright 2012 Regan
*2013 National Indie Excellence Award Finalist*

God’s Word


Psalm 119:105 (New International Version)

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Everything that God is doing in your life and in the life of your child is for freedom, for good, and for life. However, sometimes the journey is confusing and takes you beyond the known into the unexpected and unplanned. It is likely that God has led you into territory with no map and only His voice for guidance. His Word lights your way. His voice is your light and your direction.

This scripture speaks to me about the journey. As I meditate on this verse, I realize that sometimes I find that I have been given a lamp only on my feet to guide me moment by moment. At other times, God’s Word enlightens my whole path. I can see more of the big picture. I can see some direction ahead, the winding of the road, the horizon. I have been in both places, both seasons. I am learning to dwell in either reality. Each involves God’s voice, light, steps, direction, and listening.

1. Think about your journey with God and with your children. Can you recognize the different seasons? Which are you in today?

2. What is your comfort level with your journey? Do you prefer light on your feet or your path? Can you learn to feel grounded in either season with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment